Monday, February 22, 2010

How God Makes Babies

How God Makes Babies, Jim Burns
The second in the series, geared for ages 6 -9 this book has equally stunning photography and is easy to read. Again, However I don’t find it age appropriate for my 8 year old daughter. I am still not comfortable discussing with her all aspects of sexuality. I do however love the fact that the author supports through this book the aspect of sexual purity until marriage. This is stated more than once. He does an excellent job of addressing the issue of sexual abuse in a non-threatening way so as to teach children that these part were specifically and specially designed for the marriage relationship only. I will be using parts of this book now with my daughter and other parts a little later.

1 comment:

  1. I would like to take a look at these books, I may use them with Olivia.
    ~Marni

    ReplyDelete