Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tender Warrior

My tender-hearted warrior, My little child
I wish I could protect you from a world that is wild
My tender-hearted warrior, My little son
I wish I could protect you from a world that's undone
I wish I could keep you from the things you might see
But then I would keep you from the one you ought to be
And the prophesy rings true spoken by Simeon
To every generation of mothers who raise a son
I must raise you to battle, establish what is right
Stand on the sideline and pray as you fight
And the sword that pierces so deep a mother's soul
Is the very one that enables her son to reach the goal
Mary knew it well as she watched the Savior die
Her first born son lifted on that cross so high
My tender-hearted warrior, My little child
I'll raise in the love of God that is meek and mild
My tender-hearted warrior, My little son
I'll raise you in God's way for the work must be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment