Saturday, July 10, 2010

Reborn to be Wild, Ed Underwood


Reborn to be wild – Ed Underwood
I will admit that being only in my early 30’s I did not know there was a Christian revival movement in the 60’s and 70’s. I only remember being taught about the marches and “bra” burning. When I thought of the 60’s and 70’s images of long-haired, tie-dye clad, peace-sign throwing, free-love screaming, acid-tripping youth comes to mind.
I did, however, enjoy this book!! The term “free-love” will now forever bring an image of the free-love offering of Jesus Christ. This book will most certainly change the way I teach my children about this time span of history. In fact I may even look into leading a youth revival called “free-love”, with a 60’s hippy theme revival style retreat. Maybe this type of abandon in Christ is exactly what we need.
A great book about breaking the strongholds and lies of the enemy to live a life of revival. Our God is a consuming fire this book invites you to walk in the midst of this consuming fire. The personal stories are great and often made me giggle out-loud. I found myself wishing I hadn’t been born in 1978 but instead had been born 15 or 20 years earlier just to be part of this dynamic revival movement. Oh, to be a part of such a dynamic movement – total surrender to Christ, dissolving into Him, excited, on fire, and ready to go forth with the word and work!
Thank you B&B Communication for this review copy.

1 comment:

  1. I almost got this book to review, but thought it might be to freaky.
    I *LOVE* your idea about the youth revival.
    ~marni

    ReplyDelete