Sunday, November 7, 2010

Costly Grace, Jon Walker


This book came to me at such a pivitol moment in my life and I am ever thankful for God's provision of this book and the message hidden between the covers. Costly grace, a picture of what grace truly is - a beautifully tragic gift of Christ that cost everything and should be valued more than any earthly possession. I had not studied Bonhoeffer but had been interested in this book for it's use in home school and personal literature. However, the lessons are so powerful, the truth so evident in the scriptures that this book helped me see a new picture of this wonderful thing we take for granted and do not seem to fully comprehend - GRACE. One is challenged to lay it all down at the cross just as it was once given up for each of us. During the past months my faith has been tried and daily I have had to decide to see the grace of God in the midst of the lies of the enemy and to embrace this grace and claim it as my reality. This book is a book that should be in the hands of every person who claims their identity in Christ, to everyone who takes on the mark of christian, to everyone who talks the talk of christianity. It will change the lives of those truly seeking God's will becuase you can not come face to face with the true magnitude of grace and remain the same. In the light of the cost of grace you begin to handle your life differently - more aware of the costly gift that was lavished on an underserving soul.
Thank you B&B Communications for this review copy

No comments:

Post a Comment