Sunday, August 19, 2012

Food Family Style, Leigh Oliver Vickery

You can tell a cookbook is loved and used when the cover has flour finger prints and the pages are stained with all sorts of markings and the pages are dogeared and otherwise marked for quick reference. That is the case with this one. I have only had this cookbook for a short time and it has quickly moved to the front of my cookbooks - of which I have a ton. There are so many little tabs for references on the pages that it is hard to decide which is my favorite. I found that all of the recipes are easily prepared for a family on the go and even easy enough to have little ones help cook. We love the sparkling lemonade, the fruity tea, and other quick and tasty beverages. My children devoured the Tator Tott Casserole on page 30. This easy to make casserole is perfect for a breakfast meal. Our ladies group got hyped up on the Chocolate Lava Cake - that was so easy to make! All I had to do was pour the ingredients into the crock pot and go back to home schooling the kiddos. The house smelled wonderful all day and the ladies at that nights meeting were surprised by how good it tasted. I do wish the cookbook had pictures, but then when every recipe is easy and yummy why add to the cost of the cookbook by adding pictures. Thank you Revel for this free review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment