Saturday, October 6, 2012

Live Life Right Here Right Now (and the companion bible study: Make Every Day Your Best Day), Carole Lewis

The entire First Place 4 Health library is worth the reading. This newest book is no different. I have yet to review one of Lewis' books that I do not face a little conviction about my own life. This particular study is based on John 10:10 and encourages readers to live life to the fullest from this moment forward. I believe that though you can read this book as a stand alone it is best with the bible study and vice-versa. So this review is for both products. To get the absolute best out of this is to do both at the same time. Carole Lewis is great at writing in a down-to-earth, no-nonsense way that inspires a person to take action. I especially admire the fact that she uses scripture and shows the application so well. As you read through the book there are corresponding parts in the bible study to work on. I have always enjoyed the tear-apart bible verses that make it easy to carry scripture with you through out the day. As a mom of five I like to hole-punch mine and put it on a ring - when I have time I pull on my ring of scriptures and recite them out loud. This helps with memory work but also helps to solidify in one's heart and mind the lessons that are taught in the book and bible study. It causes you to take time and meditate on the scripture and lesson and think about how it affects your life and current circumstances. I recommend this book and bible study to anyone looking to make a change here and now. Thanks to Regal for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment