Thursday, January 3, 2013

Expereincing the Presence of God, A.W. Tozer

The book of Hebrews is opened up by one of the greats! I have always loved the book of Hebrews but Tozer has a way of making you appreciate all the more the inspired Word of God as he expertly opens the Word and teaches it with passion. This is one man who lived his beliefs out and taught with a heart on fire for God. His purpose - to expose the heart of a loving God to a hurting world. I love the quote on the back of the book that so completely captures what this book is truly about "We should come to church not anticipating entertainment but expecting the high and holy manifestation of God's presence...." I am with Tozer in believing that for far too long we have become a Christian people satisfied with the status quo. We have become complacent in our walk and our worship never fully reaching what we were created for. I do not want to live the rest of my Christian walk satisfied but want to move forward, ever closer to that which God created me to be. This book will inspire you to do just that. Thanks to Regal for this review copy!.

No comments:

Post a Comment