Monday, February 4, 2013

5 Days to a Clutter-Free House, Sandra Felton & Marsha Sims

Okay the title caught my eye I have to admit. As the mother of 5 small children and a woman involved in ministry and home schooling I constantly have piles of assorted stuff here there and everywhere. So I was really interested in if this would work. It did cause me to purge my house of stuff - but then I get in the mood to do this about every three months anyway. However - it is not a miracle worker. I think clutter free living is a mind set and a life-style and this book does try to impart the tools to create that type of life-style. The issue then is that those who pick this up must commit to work at it. I have found that if I have a decorative lamp, or other thing on a table or top of a book shelf I am less likely to pile things up on the free surface. I will say that there are many great ideas and I like the fact that it gives you ideas to help you maintain the the clutter free home. I still dream of that perfectly cleaned and polished home - but then again - I am also very happy with the five children that never seem to get things in just the right place where it belongs. Overall I think this is a great book and would certainly recommend it over the other clutter free books out there. Thanks to Revell for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment