Wednesday, July 31, 2013

In Golden Splendor, Michael K. Reynolds

I will be totally up front and honest. I did not know what to expect from this author or this book. I decided to sign up for the review because I felt it was time for a good fiction book amidst all the reference books I had been reading. Much to my pleasant surprise this turned out to be a page-turner. I will now have to go back and get a copy of the first and expectantly wait on the third. That being said - it is obvious that this could be read as a stand alone and be fully enjoyable, but I would bet that read in order the reader would get more enjoyment from it. Seamus Hanley is a broken and lost man on the run. His heritage is filled with turmoil and difficulty. Yet the true stubborn strength of the Irish blood line is fully revealed in this heart-warming story. Disaster, heart ache, brokenness, defeat are woven amidst the them of restoration, redemption and love. God's divine hand of grace is evident in the characters lives and their sometimes tragic stories. This book is one that is difficult to put down because from the first page the reader is drawn into the story. The characters seem to jump from the pages into real-life. Their joy, pain, struggles, and triumphs bring about deep emotional response and you find yourself longing for good to come. An excellent read that is worth keeping and passing along to friends. Thanks to B&H Publishing and to B&B Media for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment