Thursday, November 14, 2013

Filling the Afflictions of Christ, John Piper

This is one of those books that leaves your perspective forever changed!! I walked away from reading this one feeling nothing short of awe at the revelation of the great sacrifices made to secure for me a bible in my own language. Although I had studied some of these martyrs and missionaries this book brought about a whole new appreciation for their work and heart. I really appreciated the author's use of scripture to show that we are called into suffering just as Jesus. I would recommend this book for the home school family that has a class on missions or church history. I have already told our 7th grader it is required reading and that she will do a report on each of the three men studied in this book with other resources. She will also be required to write a paper detailing how this book impacted her life and thought about missional works and sacrificial living. Thanks to Crossway for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment