Monday, February 22, 2010

Jane Austen, Peter Leithart

Jane Austen, Christian Encounters Series, by Peter Leithart
The author does an excellent job laying out the life of one of America’s most captivating writers. I am a big Jane Austen fan – I am one of those that can’t “leave her characters alone”. At the close of one of her stories I have often found myself wishing the story had not just ended and wondering what happened after that. Jane Austen was a complex and beautiful woman. Her stories are ones that have captivated the hearts of women, men and children for ages. This author does her great respect in the way he exposes the faith of a woman that saw so many different changes in her life-time. I will be using it as a home school resource for my children. I found this book to be easy and quick to read – not filled with dry facts, but well-written aspects of a life of worth and character. It was amazing to see the impact that Ms. Austen had during her life-time on other authors and peers. Their reaction to her style of writing was a little shocking to me. I would highly recommend it to any fan of Jane Austen’s writing and to any home school family looking for a good biography of a Christian woman.
Thank you Thomas Nelson for providing this book for review. Visit. http://booksneeze.com to join Thomas Nelson as a book reviewer.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry I missed this! It was no loner available by the time I got my review posted.
    ~Marni

    ReplyDelete