Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love and War Devotional for Couples, John & Stasi Eldridge

I really enjoyed the books Captivated and Wild at Heart by this same couple so I looked forward to this devotional. As a wife I am always looking for new studies and devotionals to do with my husband. As a Pastor's wife and teacher I am always on the search for something new to recommend to others. This is an wight week daily devotional. Meaning each week covers one topic for 5 days with the last day ending with an "exercise" to do for the remaining 2 days. Although I enjoyed reading it I prefer a little more meat to what I am doing. This is too much reading and too little scripture with no meaningful discussion for couples. If you are looking to spend a few minutes each night reading a nice story to each other this is the book for you. If you are looking for a devotional that will drive you into the study of scripture and true spiritual growth with your spouse you might invest in another study. I would further suggest the book by this same title over the purchase of this devotional. It will cost you about the same and you will have more to read to each other and maybe learn a little more.
Thank you Waterbrook/Multnomah for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment