Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bathsheba, Jill Eileen Smith

This is book 3 in the Wives of David Series and is a keeper. I don't think I will ever look at the story of Bathsheba the same. I think when reading the scriptural account I have all too often not thought about the emotional implications of the acts perpetrated by David and Bathsheba or the extreme ramifications that occurred. For instance, I never considered how others thought of Bathsheba after Nathan confronted David with his sins in front of people. Nor have I ever given much thought as to what drove either of them to participate in the act of adultery. In this age adultery was punishable by stoning; I guess I never stopped to think of how Bathsheba would have been a "marked" woman deeply scorned and possibly shunned in the household of David and in society in general. It never occured to me that her safety might be in danger, as well as the safety of her children. This book is profoundly interesting. I read it in 2 days and found it difficult to put it down. I was deeply intrigued by the author's character development and the deep emotions that she brought to the story. This author did an excellent job on this book. I will have to go back and read the first two books in this series.

Thank you Revell for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment