Friday, March 4, 2011

Great Commission Obedience, Jerry Rankin

This is a book compiled of transcribed messages preached at commissioning services for missionaries. I appreciate the fact that Jerry Rankin has put these into a book as I believe that they are each helpful in encouraging Christians in their individual mission walk each day. I think that Rankin meant this book for Pastors to be used as a resource and springboard for them to encourage their congregations. At any rate this is an easy book to read. The classical southern Baptist preaching style is evident in it. I would like to know if this author intends to just sell copies of these sermons at some time in the future. I find it easier to hear a sermon that to read it transcribed (even in the case of my own husband's sermon). It seems that sometimes the sheer emotion of the voice makes all the difference. Again this is a great book. Encourage your Pastor and lay people by getting them a copy.
Thanks B&H Publishing for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment