Friday, March 18, 2011

My Name is not Alexander, Jennifer Fosberry

Wow! I loved this book as much as my children! My youngest son was fascinated by the pictures and the story of a little boy named Alexander. From waking in the morning till going to bed this little boy is constantly pretending to be someone else. After the second reading of this my little boy was reading it back. I really appreciated how the author included an biography page in the back describing each person that young Alexander was pretending to be. My son was asking who is Cheif Joseph, and Theodore....when we got to the end he loved the real life account of each person including birth and date of death. The book is full of imagination - and encourages children to take time to imagine what they will be when they grow up.
Thank you Sourcebook for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment