Friday, March 25, 2011

West Oversea, Lars Walker

Wow! Loved this. I read this with my son and found it to be very interesting. It follows the same type of story line as C.S. Lewis' fantastical story Voyage of the Dawn Treader. As we read it we were transported back in time to a season of adventure. This is the first book by this author that I have read, but now I am up for reading his other works as well. Much like Lewis one can't read just one and stop. For now we (my son and I) are captivated by the characters and feel as if we know each one. Their adventures, heartaches and struggles became our own as we read this story. What better way to fall in love with history than to read fiction based on historical figures.

I would recommend this for home school families looking for good classical literature. Also for any C.S. Lewis fan this is a great read - you will not be disappointed.

Thank you Nordskog Publishing for this review copy.

For more great books by this publisher or to order copies visit their website http://www.nordskogpublishing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment