Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Names of God Bible, God's Word Translation

I have really enjoyed this bible! There is something about reading the Word with the actual names of God in the original language. In addition there is the meaning of each name. This makes the Word of God seems so much deeper as you begin to understand the depth of the character of God.

I have the books Praying the Names of God and Praying the Names of Jesus by Ann Spangler so this bible is a welcome addition to my library. It has quickly found it's place next to my regular study bible where I have started using it in comparison with my ESV.

The added study helps, definitions of the names of God, and the footnotes make this bible very user friendly! In addition each chapter starts out with an over view and the names listed in that chapter.

This is an excellent resource bible and also great for everyday use. As I stated above there is something about having the original language and meaning of the names right there in scripture that adds a whole new depth to your bible study.

Thanks to Revell for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment