Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Blame Eve, Susanna Foth Aughtmon

An interesting title to an even more interesting book. I love the cover design of the half eaten apple against a green background - catchy and modern. This author attacks issues that are unique to being a woman in a personable and easily read way.

I have long been a defender of Eve as I have long believed that the one who was actually given the instructions and care of the garden did nothing to stop the encounter of Eve with the Enemy. In fact all indication is that he (the enemy) was there in the garden of perfection watching and waiting. He knew Eve, knew her compassionate side and the fact that she could be swayed, that she would engage in conversation because God had created her for just that - a helpmeet, a friend to Adam. This book is a great read for all women. I think most of us can identify to at least one chapter if not all of them. The author handles everything with a down-to-earth style that makes the reader relaxed enough to really look at themselves. I think that because of the transparency of the author in relating her own experiences the reader develops an ability to be able to smile and even laugh at one's self. Thank you so much for an enjoyable read! I will be recommending it to all of my girl friends. Thanks to Revell for this book review copy.

1 comment: