Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Call to Wonder, R.C. Sproul Jr.

One can not help but think of great Christian writing when one hears this name. In fact his children's books are some of my favorites because they also are perfectly suited for adults to enjoy over and over again. However, this book is especially touching and sweet. It is one that will strike a deep chord with anyone who chooses to pick it up. Through very personal and candid stories of his family and children he explores what God's love for his children is and what it is truly like to have child-like faith. This mirrors so many of my personal thoughts as a mother of 5 that I was amazed! Each day God truly does reveal himself in a more intimate personal way through my children. Not only in their wonder and faith but also in their disobedience and failures - for it is then I understand the grief that I must cause my father when I depend on my own knowledge instead of his loving guidelines set in place to protect and care for me. Truly this book will be one that will touch and change many lives. The candid writing and personal style will immediately capture any audience and change the way people think of Christ. R.C. Sproul has most certainly done what he does best - explore and expound on scripture in a way that any one who reads the book can relate and understand. Thanks to Tyndale for this very generous review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment