Monday, August 11, 2014

The Princess Within, Serita Ann Jakes

I agreed to review this book because I am a mom of a teen girl. I am always on the look out for good books to recommend to other mothers and good books for myself and my children. I have mixed feelings about this book but would still give it good marks. I do not think that she is a terrible author as it seems some seem to think. The book is very busy and does seem a little choppy at times. However, it reminds me very much of the a teen would write. The author sometimes forces a story to fit where it otherwise would not and she tends to jump around a little bit. However, I think that the heart of the author is true to wanting to inspire young girls to hold onto their identities in Christ. This is a very much needed book in the world today when so many young girls are disillusioned by society and the schemes and lies of the enemy. I think that most teens would enjoy this book and reading it with their moms would offer a time to connect and discuss real issues and find common grounds. I appreciate the publisher - Bethany House- for allowing me to review this book. I can not find any flaw that would discredit this book and would recommend it to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment