Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Big Book of Service Projects

I LOVE IT!! As a home school mom wanting to give my children practical ways to apply their faith and a christian mom wanting to give my children an outlet to serve the church and community for Christ this has been great. My kids are so excited to begin the little projects. This innovative book is set up in such a way that each service activity can be completed within 30 to 45 minutes - so it is perfect for a Sunday School class setting. I am going to implement it with our Sunday School class once a month - calling it our Service Sunday. Children need to learn to serve as Christ did with a glad heart, enjoying the work of the Lord. The book gives advice and an outline on how to start a "service club" which I thought was a neat idea for a church that does not have a ministry like this currently. The bible instructs us to raise our children in the knowledge of the Lord - what better way than to teach them to serve others. I also liked the fact that the book has options for adapting the projects for older or younger children. This is important to me since my children are 2 and 3 and 7 and 9. Obviously my younger two can not always complete the same assignments as the older two, but this book allows both sets to work on the same project ideas, but slightly different projects.

Get this book and jump into some quality family fun time serving the Lord!

Thank you Regal Publishing for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment