Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Case Closed? Nine Mysteries Unlocked by Modern Science, Susan Hughes

I received this book for review from the author and Kids Can Press. My oldest daughter (age 9) would not put it down! She was intrigued by the stories and how each mystery was solved. After reading this book she was more interested in doing her history lessons in home school - I think in hopes of studying about one of these. The one that most caught her attention was about Anastasia. Three times she came to me to discuss what she was reading and to make sure that she had identified the correct girl in the photo as Anastasia. She wanted to know all about her and the circumstances surrounding her.

I really enjoyed this book. The illustrations and layout keep the readers attention and the historical and scientific facts are great. The author did an excellent job. If you are looking for a book to pique your child's interest in history this is it. I am in full support of books that will cause my children to be excited about learning a subject. As a home school mom I find it easier to teach something the kids enjoy than to try to force something that is dry and boring.

Thank you for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment