Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Posers, Fakers, & Wannabes (UnMasking the real you), Brennan Manning & Jim Hancock

After reading this I really have to get a copy of Abba's Child by Brennan Manning! I was interested in reviewing this book since I work with the youth at our church. I loved the very casual writing style of Brennan Manning. I appreciate how very open and candid both authors are about their flaws and short-comings and that they are very comfortable in God's love. They nailed it on the head when discussing our feelings of uncomfort when we are confronted with God's unconditional love.

The aim of this book is to bring into light what Christ spoke so plainly over 2000 years ago and what God has whispered across time and eternity: You are loved just the way you are!! God sees the individual as what he/she will become. It is vitally important to accept ourselves as we are in the light of God's love and the knowledge that we are a work in progress.

I can't wait to recommend this to others, especially teens. I wish someone had written this when I was a young person. So that I could have lived in the richness of God's blessings for a longer time. It has not been until recent years that I have become more at peace with my identity in Christ and like Manning, I too have to daily put to death "The Poser".

This is a powerful book. Parents read it for yourself then read it with your teens! Empower them for a life of success and peace - help them to become centered in Christ!

Thank you NavPress for this review copy

No comments:

Post a Comment