Sunday, May 2, 2010

Captivating, John & Stasi Eldredge

This book is the counterpart to Wild at Heart and is equally amazing. The simplicity of the writing style makes it an easy and enjoyable read. On its first printing I became a big fan of the Eldredge's. In fact I own all their books in print and loan them out and recommend them to my friends. I enjoy the way the author weaves in what is common (movie references) to make points about "kingdom truths". This book touches on the true heart of a woman while awakening the imagination. It reminds woman of her unique roll in this kingdom work. The authors do a great job of stirring the woman's soul and reminding us each of that we are created in the rich vastness of God's beauty and radiance - we are the glory that crowns His creation. I have yet to meet a woman who is not in need of hearing this very message. Each time I read this book I am thankful for my "wild at heart" prince who has invited his "captivating" princess along for a shared adventure in God's kingdom work. Thank you Thomas Nelson for the review copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment