Monday, September 27, 2010

Battle Ready Moms Raising Battle Ready Kids, Reba Bowman

Battle Ready Moms Raising Battle Ready Kids, Reba Bowman
This is a new book from women’s speaker and former coach, Reba Bowman. I received this book as a review copy from Dare For More Ministries in exchange for my unbiased review. This is an exciting and challenging book. I enjoyed the military comparisons of motherhood as I feel often times I am in the battle field with my four young children. This book offers encouragement and guidance to mothers in the trenches of motherhood, when life can seem overwhelming and sometimes you feel like throwing up the white flag and laying down on the field. Reba challenges mothers to remember the vitally important role they are playing in their children’s life and the urgency of the call. We are responsible, first hand, for the next generation. Not only do we have a unique responsibility to our own children but also to the children that we meet in life and that our own children bring home. We are in the battle of a life-time and our children’s eternal souls are the thing at stake - - will you step up to the challenge, committed to not leave your post, but to give the very best you have. Reba does an excellent job of bringing out scripture to help and guide mothers.
I must say that Reba’s testimony of the young girl named Brandi made me think of a girl with the same name and a similar story that my husband and I helped while he was a coach, before surrendering to full time ministry. It is amazing how God opens our hearts and sometimes changes our goals when we least expect it, how he causes us to step out of our comfort zone only to find out we like it where he takes us.
May your ministry continue to be blessed Reba Bowman, as you follow God’s leading and reach out to women and girls. Your book is well written and worth purchasing, I recommend it to mothers everywhere.
You can visit Reba Bowman at www.Dareformoreministries.org

No comments:

Post a Comment