Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Secrets of the Vine for Women, Darlene marie Wilkinson

I have read the Secrets of the Vine book, as well as the children's edition. So when I saw this as a book to review I took the opportunity. I am extremely glad I did. This book is just the right size for a quick read. The author's writing style keeps the book from being overwhelming in theology. Everything is very simple to understand and is uplifting and encouraging. I would highly recommend this book to every woman - we could all use a little encouragement from time to time. I did especially enjoy the illustration of Mary and Martha. Too often we are overwhelmed by what must be done that we do not take care of the most important task at hand - just spending time with Jesus. Our to-do lists often take precedence over our quiet time with the Lord to the point that we begin to neglect it by treating this relationship as just another item on the to-do list.

This books size and price make it an excellent gift or basket filler for ladies in your church. A great read for ALL women.

Thank you Waterbrook/Multnamah for this review copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment