Monday, October 29, 2012

A Farmer's Daughter, Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen, Daen Stoltzfus

Mmmm......mmmmm good recipes. Real and easy (for the most part), with ingredients that most of us keep in our cabinets any way. I loved this cookbook and could find only one thing that I would do different - I like to see pictures of food. However, I know that to include pictures in a cookbook brings up the cost. At the current rate this cook book is affordable and well worth the investment. It would be a wonderful Christmas gift for the hurried family cook in your family. These recipes are down-home yummy recipes that most families will really enjoy. I liked the fact that the ingredients were things that I had on hand and the recipes were things that "real" families eat. I am a mother of 5 children and though I would love elaborate recipes with foreign ingredients my children would not touch it. Nor do I have all the time in the world to spend cooking up recipes. SO this is practical and yummy. My family liked every recipe I tried on them and I am still in the process of trying more.

No comments:

Post a Comment