Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kings Portion, God speaks

I've given you kings portion
the bounty of my hand,
and established your vineyard
in a beautiful land.
I've provided a tree
along the dusty road
Then gave you a well
where living waters flowed.
In the Valley of Bacca
marked with suffering
I led you to a cool stream
and caused your heart to sing
In the land of the shadows
when fears overtook
I heard your cries and answered
and held you while you shook.
On the rocky roads of battle,
and up the mountain steep
I have promised to hold you
and in my hand to keep.
In the midst of the wars
when the enemy will come
I'll provide you victory
Your battle will be won.
I've called on your spirit
I've asked you to take part
Because you offered up your life
and opened up your heart
You sought out my face,
you counted up the cost
You knew to have your life
the old man must be lost
So along this broken road,
and in this fallen place
I have promised to provide
endurance for this race
When you grow faint
from a battle long
I'll whisper in you ear
the victor's song
I've given you kings portion
the bounty of my hand
I've established your vineyard
in a beautiful land.

No comments:

Post a Comment